Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wine and Sewing

My sister and I have been wanting to learn how to sew for quite some time. I recently just got a sewing machine and we decided to take a class to check it off our list and get to sewing some stuff. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea and the class was too full.

We decided that while we wait for the next class to start, we might as well practice (IE open up the box the sewing machine came in, etc.). And last night, practice is what we did!!! It was very exciting for us and not even too hard thanks to the step-by-step instructional DVD that came with the sewing machine. We didn't even sew our fingers together or spill wine on the fabric. Success in my book.


Can't wait to see what we end up making!!!

Pic from Google Images

2 comments:

Newlywed Next Door said...

I got a sewing machine a couple of years ago and I still suck at using it. I need to take a class.

Ashley said...

I am so happy you took it out of the box!! I went and bought fabric last night to make curtains for Guzzi's room- and well, I had my mom come pick the fabric up from me to make the curtains! I dont feel confident enough to make something to actually HANG! So far the only thing I have made is dog scarves...and even those were a bit rough.