Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twas the night before Christmas...

What a wonderful weekend!!

Thursday night my sister and I took a yoga class which was such a nice way to kick off the busy weekend. Afterwards, we met us with some girlfriends for some drinks and dinner. Always a good time.


Then it was to bed to rest up before the celebrating began!!!
I can remember spending Christmas Eve at my Grandpa's house almost every year since I was young. He used to have around 60 people over and we all ate, drank and were merry. The presents would take HOURS to open and wrapping paper would cover the living room floor. Times have changed a bit, but we still had Christmas Eve at my Grandpa's house this year. He loves having people over at his house; he lives for entertaining.
Before everyone arrived, my sister and I gave the doggies their gift. They had so much fun opening the package!!!
At first Hula wasn't interested, but then she realized there was something good in there

Koa was more interested in licking the package
Puka (in his Christmas PJs) got down to business
They all enjoyed their Christmas bones
Mr. Pickle and my sister's boyfriend were in charge of cooking dinner and they did a wonderful job. My sister and I were in charge of cleaning up and decorating all while keeping my grandpa busy. Everyone showed up around 6:00, including two surprise guests... Mr. Pickle's sister and her adorable baby girl (we didn't know they were going to make the trip on Christmas Eve, but were so happy to see them).
Too cute


Mr. Pickle and his precious neice

After dinner we gathered around the tree and opened presents.



It was great to catch up with family!!!


My sister, grandpa and me


Cousins


More family
We had a wonderful night, but had to get home to get some rest so we could get up early and drive to Mr. Pickle's parent's house for Christmas Day.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Aww, I love how the dogs opened their own presents!! I never even gave mine a chance to! haha- I just opened them for her. Next time I will see what she does!