Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 by 30 Thursday

So last week was no doubt an epic FAIL in the eating healthy and working out department!!! Plus I came home with a cold, so I have been slowly getting back into my workouts.

I had a doctor's appointment earlier this week for a kidney check-up (I have a kidney disease so I have check-ups often). My doctor told me my blood pressure has been high (a side effect of the disease) the past couple of visits and now my cholesterol is high too. I have to get this weight off to help my blood pressure and lower my cholesterol!! I always thought if I had my health as a motivating factor to lose weight it would be easier than if I just wanted to look good, but I am finding that is not the case.

I have been going through a lot emotionally and the first thing that goes out the window for me is my eating habits. Last night I had a salad and small cup of soup for dinner and a few hours later (after some emotional crap went down) I sat down with a box of Cheese Itz and M&Ms :(

I am going to try to make a healthy dinner for Mr. Pickle and I at least once a week for the next month. Mr. Pickle usually does the cooking for us or we go out to eat, so this would be a step in the right direction. I wish I enjoyed cooking, but I just don't. Hopefully that will change in time.

What are positive ways you deal with your emotions?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I eat my emotions too!
The only positive thing I can think of is working out :) It REALLy does help my mood and attitude! The night before last Andrew came home and he was just annoying me and told me some bad news about how he now has to go away for work RIGHT after the baby is born..and I just broke down and I was MAD at him. I went down on my treadmill and walked it out for a half hour (while watching tv) and I really did feel better. If I lived in sunny CA, I would go outside and walk :)) More to look at!
I hope you find the motiviation! I know how hard it can be. I acutally ate a box of cheese its last week...in 2 days.