Thursday, December 9, 2010

30 by 30 Thursday

Since the gym down the street from my work is closed for the month of December (are they trying to help people gain weight during the holidays?), I am back to running outside and am continuing with my yoga. I love both of these activities, just wish running didn't hurt my knees so much!! Yesterday I even ran in the rain, which wasn't too horrible except then I got cold sitting through work a tab bit wet.

In an effort to cut back our spending our hard earned money on food while dining out, Mr. Pickle and I are trying to eat out as little as possible. I even cooked dinner one night this week!! I know this will help with not only the amount of calories I consume, but also the amount of sodium (which my doctor advised I need to stay away from).

Some snacks I am enjoying this time of year are Granny Smith apples with RF peanut butter or Laughing Cow cheese, Persimmons, Healthy Pop Kettle Corn - 100 calorie bag, blueberry Special K bars and raw almonds.

Anyone have any good recipe for some low fat treats to celebrate the holiday?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the healthy pop kettle corn ..and Jolly makes a good 100 cal kettle corn too, but I cant always find it.
Low fat treats...hmmm, I will think about it. I have my christmas food network magazine, but they dont really go healthy!
And a gym closed for December? haha. That is funny. That is like an etsy shop (that I bought a wall decal from) is closed for December...I am like- ISNT This your busy time of year? Christmas? Andrew said because it is a Canadian shop...NZ and Candada are both commonewealth and I know NZ takes big breaks for Christmas too. But, you are in CA, so that makes no sense!