Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 by 30 Thursday

Whew the hot weather this week was.....HOT!! I didn't let it stop me from running, but dang it is hard to run outside when it is 100*. In less than 10 minutes, my mouth was so dry I thought I was going to die of dehydration. No worries though, I came back to the air conditioned office and drank tons-o-water!

I started back up with Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. I am happy to report than my neck/shoulder didn't feel any pain *knock on wood*. My bootie and legs on the other hand, kinda sore...but that was expected after a few weeks off from all those squats and lunges. Going to Yoga tonight so hopefully I can stretch out the soreness.

With the summer-like weather (in Fall), a good snack around my house has been chopped up veggies with dip. Now if your a true blooded American, you probably like Ranch dressing. Too bad the Fat Free Ranch dressings SUCK!! A good tip from Hungry Girl is to make your own by "mixing about half a tablespoon of powdered ranch dressing/dip mix (the type that comes in the packets) into 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream; each tablespoon of that ranch-ified sour cream has only 15 calories or so and no fat." They also recommend the Fat Free Hidden Valley Ranch (never tried it) and the Wish-Bond Salad Spritzers Ranch Vinaigrette Dressing (have tried, but not this flavor...I liked it). What do you dip your veggies in or use on salads??

On another note, my clothes are fitting better and it is so nice not to feel so uncomfortable in them! I was so excited last week when a newer pair of jean capris fit a lot looser than when I last wore them. So glad all the hard work is paying off!!!

No comments: