Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weekend Review

Sorry for being MIA for a few days!!!

I had an extra long weekend due to having Friday off work and being sick on Monday, but it still went by too fast :)

Friday morning I annoyingly woke up at the usual time instead of sleeping in. I hate when you can actually sleep in, but don't. So I got up and worked out and took the pups for a jog and then caught up on some DVR shows before showering and packing. Once I left the house I was headed to get my brows waxed and to San Francisco to have lunch with my sister and drop off the doggie for the weekend. After a yummy, but pricey, sushi lunch, I was off to Oakland to pick Mr. Pickle up from work. I got there a bit early so I was able to get a mani and polish change on my piggies. From there Mr. Pickle and I headed to LA for the weekend to celebrate our friend's 30th birthday. Once we landed, our friends picked us up and took us to a delicious Mexican restaurant.


Yummy Guacamole



Birthday Boy

Afterwards, the boys went bowling after dinner while the girls went home and chatted/watched TV before going to be. Yes, I did get a call at 2:00 in the morning to pick the boys up from the bowling alley since the cab company was running super late...luckily the cab showed up just as I was refusing to come get them!

Saturday morning came and we were up and getting ready to celebrate the birthday boy's day. First on the agenda was going to a beach club his family are members at. We hung out on the beach for a bit and the boys played a serious game of paddle tennis. Mr. Pickle's sister and her baby came to visit so we got to see our adorable niece for a bit.

Me & Mr. Pickle



Me and the Birthday Boy

After the beach, we went home to rest and get ready for the surprise party. The birthday boy had NO idea that his mom and fiance had planned a party. We showed up for "dinner" and he was beside himself surprised!! The party was at the beach club overlooking the ocean and Santa Monica pier...sooooo beautiful. We enjoyed catching up with everyone over dinner and drinks and ended up at a bar in Santa Monica for the rest of the night.

Getting Ready for the Party

SURPRISE!!




The Beautiful View




Blowing Out The Candles




Doing the Macarena at the Bar

Sunday morning came all too soon and although we had planned on having brunch with Mr. Pickle's sister, the baby and mom, we couldn't make it. Birthday boy was still a little tipsy and everyone was not able to jump up and get ready. Instead we hit up In'N'Out on our way to the airport and was back home by 3:00. Eventually we went to San Francisco to pick up the dog and enjoyed dinner at home while watching TV and doing laundry.

Monday was spent sleeping in and doing some more chores. Not too interesting being that I was not feeling well.

Tuesday was back to work and it was TOUGH getting out of bed! At least it is a short work week before another long weekend!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Another exciting weekend for you!! You are always going fun places on the weekends!!
You look fabulous in your black dress!!!