Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Review

We had a busy weekend traveling to/from LA. We went there to spend some time with Mr. Pickle's sister (my sis-in-law) and her new baby (our new niece) and visit some friends whose wedding Mr. Pickle is in next year.

Friday night we didn't land in LA until 10:00 and we just went to our friend's house to visit for a bit before falling asleep.

Saturday morning Mr. Pickle's sister and her baby met us at our friend's house for breakfast. We had plans to go to Newport Beach later in the day to visit the wedding venue for our friend's and his sister and the baby ended up coming with. We headed out around 12:30 and hit MAJOR traffic (I was quickly reminded of how bad the traffic was, when I lived there it literally drove me nuts). Once we got to Newport the venue (a yacht) was out for the afternoon (nobody bothered to call even though we had an appointment to see it) so we went to grab a bite to eat and was able to see the boat once it returned. I am soooo super excited for the wedding, the boat is beautiful!! After a quick viewing of the boat, we headed home and sat in more traffic. By the time we got home it was 6:30 and we were all pretty tired (especially the baby). We ordered in some food and played games until 1:30 in the morning!!



Sunday morning we woke up, got our things together, had breakfast and headed home. Such a short trip :( At least we got to spend time with friends and family!!

I still haven't decided if it is better to drive to LA (about a five hour drive) or fly. With traveling to the airport, showing up early to get through security and wait for the flight, fly down there and then traveling from the airport to our destination seems to be about the same amount of time and cost about the same. I think I am more inclined to say flying just because I really do hate the long, boring drive.

5 comments:

Mrs. Pick said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I would fly over drive anytime I can---I hate long car trips!

Katelin said...

aw glad you guys had fun and that bebe is precious!

Kassie said...

I like to drive when I get a chance, because then I like having a car while I'm there! But the drive does totally suck.

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aw look how cute your Mr Pickle looks with the little one! :)

Katie said...

what a cutie!!