Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Review

Another wonderful weekend has passed.

I got off work early on Friday. I went home and fell asleep for 2.5 hours!!! I guess I needed the rest. Then I went for a nice bike ride before meeting Mr. Pickle at the grocery store to buy all the necessary items for our weekend BBQs. After grocery shopping we were hungry so we picked up some awesome Mexican food from down the street and ate at home while watching shows on the DVR. Since I took such a long nap, I was up watching wedding shows on TLC. I sooooo miss wedding planning.

Saturday morning we celebrated the 4th of July early with my Grandpa. We picked him up from his house and brought him to our house for a BBQ. Mr. Pickle made the BEST burgers. My grandpa really enjoyed being included in the festivities.
Saturday afternoon we headed to Modesto for the rest of the weekend. Mr. Pickle's parents were out of town and we decided we would have a get together at their house since they have a nice backyard with a pool. Saturday night was spent at some friend's house hanging out in the pool and playing some bean bag games.

Sunday morning Mr. Pickle woke up super early to get started on the yummy food for the day. (Please note that when I met him at the store on Friday, he had the entire menu for the day planned out along with a list of ingredients.) I woke up when he did but declared it far too early for the day and went back to sleep for a bit. When I woke up, he was in the kitchen chopping veggies, seasoning meat and grading cheese. He made a wonderful lunch (bacon wrapped hot dogs for the boys and chicken apple sausages for the girls along with pasta salad corn) AND dinner (pulled pork sandwiches, homemade mac & cheese, grilled veggies, salad and chicken kabobs). Needless to say, we drank, ate and swam the day away!!





We bought a few fireworks from the stands that were up around Modesto and had fun acting like kids letting them off.
Monday morning we woke up and headed home fairly early. We stopped for lunch on the way home (I had a salad because I was suffering from a major food hangover) and relaxed for the rest of the entire day. I would be lying if I said I didn't take a nap or move my butt from the couch for most of the day, but hey, that's what long weekends are for. Right?!?!

Hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the USA headbands!! I needed those! :)
You are lucky to have your own personal chef! :))