Thursday, July 1, 2010

30 by 30 Thursday

Another week has gone by. Thanks so much for the encouraging posts and great tips from last week's post.

I must say, I am horrible about weighing myself, but I don't feel like I am any lighter or my clothes fit any better. I know it will take time, but I so wish there was some sort of instant gratification.

I did increase the intensity on my 30 min. walks and started running for about half the time. I don't mind running too much. I actually feel like I am accomplishing more when I run rather than walk. Last Friday was my first day adding in running to my walks and I def felt a little sore the next day. I love that sore feeling!!

On another note, I start my yoga class again today. I signed up for a yoga class through the community center several weeks ago and have been going every Thursday. Last week was our last class, but I signed up again and will continue to go for the next six weeks. After that, I may look into joining a yoga gym. Yoga is actually really hard. I thought it would be easy poses and stretches, but there is a lot more too it. I love how I feel when I am done with the class.

Meal planning (and portion control) are still the rough part of this whole thing for me. I hate that for me no meal is "complete" until I have some dessert. Although I have found that if I keep myself busy after a meal, I don't really think about it until later and the craving for something sweet is not as bad.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend. I hope I don't spend the whole weekend eating!!

No comments: