Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Review

What a wonderful weekend!!

I had the day off on Friday. I slept in, worked out, got my hair done, got my eyebrows waxed, went shopping and relaxed. Such a wonderful day off.

I had planned to sleep in a bit on Saturday morning, but AT&T found it necessary to text me at 6:40 am letting me know my auto pay for the month went through. Of course the one day I could fall back asleep for a while I wasn't able too. Damn AT&T. So I was up and moving by 7:15. I took my grandpa out to breakfast and went to visit the cemetery (Saturday would have been my dad's birthday). After running a few last minute errands for the nights festivities, my friend and I were off to San Francisco to celebrate my best friend's 30th birthday. I was in charge of the planning and I think everything turned out perfectly!!

We started off at a Tres Agave Mexican restaurant for a yummy dinner, then City Beer Store for some beer tasting and then to Butter (the white trash bar) to drink and dance the night away. Of course no night out is complete without a trip to Mel's for some greasy food.
Waiting for the birthday girl to arrive

The cake I got made. Picture is from her first birthday. She had NO idea!

I made her a shirt with a bunch of pictures from the last 30 years with the caption "It took 30 years to look this good". We all signed the back with fabric markers.

Me and the birthday girl

The dinner group

Beer tasting

The bar group (minus a few)

Showing off my new shoes

Birthday girl dancing on the bar


Birthday girl and her sister

Sunday was a much needed rest day. After going out to breakfast, I headed back home and took a three hour nap.

Can't wait for another three day weekend this weekend!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

you are such a great planner!!

Blogs said...

ur a blast and u rhyme(: 30 is aweeeeesome!

Sierra said...

Whohoo looks like a great party! Love your friend's cake, tee shirt that was made, and her hat is a riot!