Monday, June 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend Review

Hello friends!! Thanks for the birthday love :) I had a FABULOUS birthday weekend.

I got off work early on Friday and ran a bunch of errands and went shopping. Friday night Mr. Pickle and I went out for sushi (my fav) and rented a few movies. We tried to get tickets to Wicked but had no luck. We decided we will plan ahead and see it for our 3 year anniversary in August (wow, 3 years already).

Saturday was my actual birthday (along with the pants dropping hottie, Marky Mark). I slept in, went out to breakfast with Mr. Pickle and came home to get ready for the day's activities. First up was my dear friend's bridal shower in SF. Her wonderful mom and sister hosted a lovely shower on the 19th floor of the bride-to-be (and my sister's) apartment complex. The weather in San Francisco was BEAUTIFUL and we had great views of downtown. We chatted, played games, ate lots of food, drank lots of wine and watched the bride-to-be open her gifts. It was a great shower.
The View

Some of the lovely ladies

Bride-To-Be with her cake

Groom-To-Be came to help take home the gifts

After the shower, we hung out at my sister's apartment and got ready for my birthday celebration. My sister and a few of my friends pulled a fast one on me...some of my friends lead me to believe they weren't going to be able to make it and ended up surprising me, I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!! We went to dinner and then headed to a nearby wine bar where my sister set up a wonderful celebration with dessert and champagne. We then headed to a bar/club and danced the night away. We all had a BLAST!!

My sister made the 'traditional' b-day cake


Dinner


Champagne

Brownie Sundae

College Friends

Me & Mr. Pickle

Some of the boys

Dancing

We had thought about going to Napa on Sunday, but Mr. Pickle wasn't feeling well so we just hung out around the house and enjoyed a relaxing Sunday at home!

It was the PERFECT way to start my last year in my twenties!! I have big plans for the upcoming year :)

5 comments:

Annie said...

sounds like a PERFECT weekend!! glad you had a great birthday hun :)
great pictures of all you ladies!
ya'll are so pretty!!

Ashley said...

That looks like SOOO Much fuN!! Sushi is my fave too! :)
So nice of your friends to surprise you! :)
Happy Belated Birthday!!

Aimee said...

Looks like you all had a great time. What a great bday weekend

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend spent with friends. That's a good one they pulled on you I had that happen and was so bummed but you get so excited seeing that they really did come!

Sierra said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday and you look fabulous too! Looks like you had fun with your friends too, so many great pictures!