Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weekend Review

Since our anniversary was on Monday, we decided to celebrate over the weekend.

Friday night my family and I took my Grandpa out to dinner to celebrate his 88th birthday. I love my Grandpa and am so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with him. I hope he lives another 88 years!!!


Saturday morning Mr. Pickle and I went back over to my Grandpa's to spend some time with him and take him out to breakfast. He was in a terribly bad accident last October where here ran off the road over a cliff and was hanging upside down for several hours before the CHP Helicopter found him via his cell phone signal. Therefore, he no longer drives and is too stubborn to have a caretaker. My family and I take turns visiting him and taking him to run errands.

Saturday afternoon we relaxed for a bit before heading to San Francisco for a sushi dinner, drinks and to see Wicked. I was very impressed with the show and would highly recommend it to anyone. Mr. Pickle didn't think it was too bad either!!




Sunday morning I slept in until 11:00 am (went to bed around 2:00 am). Technically I didn't wake up, I was woken up by Mr. Pickle. I can't tell you how long it has been since I slept in that late!!! I must have really needed the sleep. After going our to lunch and running a few errands we spent the remainder of the day bumming around the house and doing Sunday chores.

It was nice to have a relaxing weekend while still having a few fun events thrown into the mix!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That sushi is making my MOUTH WATER!!! I WANT IT NOW.