Friday, May 14, 2010

Flashback Friday

So most of you don't know how Mr. Pickle and I met. Since I recently uploaded a few pics to my computer, I thought I would do a Flashback Friday and tell you our little story.

While in my Junior year of high school I had officially stepped out of my rebellious stage and moved into a more "mainstream" teenage lifestyle. I have always been interested and involved in dance but didn't really get too involved until my Junior year. I tried out for a few dance teams and after not making the one I wanted to make because I knew a lot of the people who made it, I was devestated. I thought, "how could this be happening" (side note - I don't do well with rejection). My mom was there to comfort me and of course threw out the "everything happens for a reason." Turns out the next dance team tryout I went to I was put on the team with a bunch of girls I knew nothing about.

The dance team was a competitive dance team which lead to HOURS of practice four days a week and usually a performance or competition on Saturday and/or Sunday. Needless to say, these girls I knew nothing about quickly became my friends. Although we became close, we didn't really see each other outside of the dance studio (we all lived in different areas and went to different schools) until I had a party at my house while my mom was out of town and invited all the girls. To my surprise they all ended up coming and we had a lot of fun hanging out. After that party I became extremely close to two of the girls...one being Mr. Pickle's sister!!

Mr. Pickle's Sister, Mr. Pickle and Me

(Don't mind the dog hair that was on my scanner!)

The girls and I would hang out ALL the time and we would randomly hang out with Mr. Pickle and his friends when we were hanging out with his sister, but I always thought of him as my friend's brother. Plus the other girl had a huge crush on him. I always liked the fact that he was generous, fun and had a great sense of humor, but that was about as far as it went.


It wasn't until Mr. Pickle decided to go to college (he was probably 19 at the time and I was 18) by where I was living when we really got to know each other. We would invite each other to parties and hang out when his sister was in town, but still only as friends.

Then randomly, one night at a party at his friends house he kissed me and explained that he had always liked me and really wanted to let me know. I was SHOCKED!!! I think for the next week all I could think of was the fact that I kissed my best friend's brother!! We hung out a few more times before we made it official. Telling his sister was hard for both of us, but she was happy for us.

One of our first pictures as a couple. Gosh we look so young!

As they say, the rest is history (well there are of course a few other break-up and make-up stories in between, otherwise yes, the rest is history).

8 comments:

Kelly and Sara said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing :) Just found your blog.

tara said...

aww.. i love hearing "how we met" stories! have a great weekend!

Katie said...

aww that is such a cute story! :)

Jen said...

Love stories like this!! I wish every post was about love :-) Happy Weekend Dear!

Juliana said...

Awww! This was SUCH a cute post! Thank you for sharing with us!

Ashley said...

SOOO Cute!! Are you still close with his sister?

Jenny DB said...

What a great story!! cute post, thanks for sharing :)

KaH said...

That is such a cute story. EVERYTHING DOES HAPPEN FOR A REASON!