Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weekend Review

Better late than never, right?!?

I say it every time, but three day weekends are where it's at!!

Friday night my sister and I met up to do some sewing. We followed this YouTube video and made ourselves some fancy reversible aprons.


I must say, this project was more difficult and time consuming than our others thus far, but I think it would be easy peasy after doing it a few times. We are very happy with how they turned out.

Saturday morning Mr. Pickle and I went out to breakfast and then came home and lounged all.day.long.

Mr. Pickle with whip cream on his nose :)

It was so nice to not have an agenda and just relax. We watched The Town which we both liked, but I swear my blood pressure was up at some of the suspenseful scenes!!
Sunday morning Mr. Pickle's parents came over to help us with a few house projects. Mr. Pickle's mancave is pretty much complete with all of his sports paraphernalia hanging on the walls. We had a lunch date with some friends at a nearby dim sum restaurant and it was tasty. I always crave dim sum, but don't eat it very often so it was a nice treat. Later in the day we went to my grandpa's to visit with him and bring him dinner. I tried Tara's pot roast recipe (found here) and thought it turned out great.

Monday we did some chores around the house and enjoyed our extra day off!! It was a beautiful day, but a little chilly!
Snow on Mt. Diablo

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are a SEWING MACHINE NOW!! impressed! And 3 day weekends are really the best :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Look at that view!! Gorgeous!